Toasting the new “me” with Make Ahead Chocolate Souffles

Post image for Toasting the new “me” with Make Ahead Chocolate Souffles

by Abby Dodge on February 6, 2011

Notice anything different? If not.. then you best get your eyes checked.

Welcome to my new home here at abbydodge.com. My site has been running for about 6 years and, well, it was time for a change.. a BIG change.. and I thank Barbara Kiebel at kineticwebs.com (and don’t miss her blog VinoLuciStyle.com) for creating my new, shiny, grown-up space.

While my look has changed, the one thing that will always stay the same at abbydodge.com is my commitment to you all — readers of my recipes, books and magazine articles. I’m here to answer your questions, help solve your baking/cooking dilemmas, trouble shoot a recipe – mine or others- or solve your menu planning conundrums.

Ok.. so I’m still getting my feet wet on this new site and there are lots of links that aren’t yet live and tabs & stuff that I still don’t have a clue about so please bear with me but.. Let’s take a look around at the tabs etc that I do understand..

Let’s start off with an obvious one. When you arrive at abbydodge.com, the first thing you’ll see is my blog. Within this space, I’ll share my fave recipes along with a short word or two about the recipe. I might share a little story about the recipe – sometimes funny but, most of the time tho, just funny to me — or I might share some personal insights into my culinary travels and the road leading up to now. Again, I can’t promise my words will be inspiring, life changing or even well written. What I will promise is that every post will feature a recipe from my personal files that I love and make for my family and friends. Of course, I’ll include a few of my tips and insider info about the recipe so that you will be sure to have success every time you venture into your baking kitchen. And, when possible, I’ll give you suggestions for “switching–in” ingredients to encourage you to add your personal style to each recipe. My hope is that bakers of all abilities will feel empowered by my recipes.

Ok.. what’s next.. Videos! Press the play button on the upper right video screen and you can watch the trailer for my newest cookbook – Desserts 4 Today. There’s also video tab up there on the right– Right now, you can view the D4T instruction vids I did for the book – courtesy of finecooking.com- along with links to other ids in the series. I’ll post new videos – some made by the pros and some made by me with my big hungry dog — the difference will be obvious — as we roll along..

There’s a tab for info about me.. more than you ever need to know, trust me, but feel free to browse through. And, check out my appearance calendar — this way you can keep tabs on me and tune in or stop by whenever you can. There’s also a tab for my cookbooks — info about ‘em and links to buy them (feel free!). I’ve also posted links to other cookbooks I love along with links to blogs and sites that I frequent (some of those aren’t hyperlinked quite yet — bare with me, please).

Last, but far from least, there’s the “ask me” tab.. This is the one I hope you use frequently. I’m always available to answer your questions, point you in the right directions, trouble shoot or brainstorm. I’m here at your disposal.

Now.. for the good stuff. In honor of my new site, I’m toasting you all with my Make Ahead Orange Chocolate Souffles for 2.

Here’s hoping you end EVERY day sweetly,
Abby

Cookin' Canuck February 20, 2011 at 11:00 am

Your new site looks fantastic, Abby! I’m looking forward to trying more of your recipes and watching your videos. (Well done, Barb!)

merry jennifer February 20, 2011 at 11:00 am

It’s gorgeous, Abby! Barb does a great job, and your site is certainly testament to that. Congrats on a spiffy new look. :)

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. February 20, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Looks fantastic!! Awesome!!

Kendall Crolius February 20, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Love the new site, Abby! And can’t wait to make the chocolate orange souffle!

domenicacooks February 20, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Abby–the site looks beautiful–so inviting! Barb does wonderful work. And so do you!

Congratulations and all best,
Domenica

Amelia from Z Tasty life February 21, 2011 at 9:58 am

very shiny, very “grown-up”!!! congrats on launching…
…oh yes, and I’ll take a Soufflé :)

Brian @ A Thought For Food February 21, 2011 at 10:04 am

Congrats Abby! The site looks great (Barb does such a fantastic job… she definitely knows her stuff)!

And I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the new design than with a chocolate souffle!

MrsWheelbarrow February 21, 2011 at 10:15 am

Oooo Abby, I love your new outfit. It’s just perfect and looks great on you. :)

Abby Dodge February 21, 2011 at 10:25 am

Thanks Cathy! And thank you EVERYONE! Nothing like a new outfit to make a girl feel all spiffy and grown-up.

Elle February 21, 2011 at 11:39 am

Abby, the new site is beautiful! Barbara always does a great job, for sure. The souffles? I’ve always wanted to try making them, but have been nervous about it. I really need to change that-they seem so simple!

Abby Dodge February 21, 2011 at 11:49 am

TY! These are easy.. and if you have questions about whipping egg whites, check out my peppermint meringue cookie video — I’m whipping whites in there..

Barbara | VinoLuciStyle February 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I love that; something we can really relate to…a new outfit! Pleasure working with you and so excited for YOU. And I’ll add my name to the list that would like that chocolate souffle please. I won’t deny I saw the ‘switchins’ and though I like chocolate and orange…you say Kahlua and I say…oh my!

Tim Clark February 22, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Abby! Awesome site. Great look to it! Like the new twist on a chocolate souffle. You have introduced us to the concept of “plan ahead decadence!”

Jamie February 26, 2011 at 4:16 am

Congratulations, Abby! I love your new home! It is absolutely stunning. I also love the clearness and ease with which I can access (!!!) and move around and find everything. It is the perfect site! And chocolate-orange soufflé for 2? Yes, please! This is the perfect romantic dessert for husband and me.

Paula March 9, 2011 at 12:46 am

Congratulations on the new site. You must and should be very proud of it. Barb is a wonderful lady and has more IT knowledge in her little finger than I’ll ever be able to retain! Enjoy your new *space*, together the two of you did a fantastic job.

Abby Dodge March 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Thanks Paula! Barb does amazing work, doesn’t she?

Marga April 12, 2011 at 8:13 am

Congratulations Abby on the site. I am new on this site but I have your books which are excellent.

I think the plan ahead is great, is it possible to double or triple the recipe?

Abby Dodge April 12, 2011 at 9:30 am

Thanks so much for visiting the site & or your kind words! You ABSOLUTELY can double or triple the recipe. Just make sure you have enough ramekins as well as room in your freezer :)
Stop back often!